Re: xth wrap-up about statement on diversity, statement may be issued without general resolution

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 02:21:46PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Steve Langasek writes ("Re: xth wrap-up about statement on diversity, statement may be issued without general resolution"):
> > So I would much prefer that Stefano simply start a GR in favor of the
> > diversity statement instead.  He does have a leg up in that as DPL, he
> > can propose the GR without waiting for seconds. :)
>
> Indeed.  This is what that facility is for.  I think the Stefano
> should do so to reduce the bureaucracy needed.

It is indeed an option I've initially considered.  The main "advantage"
I would have in proposing a GR is that the DPL does not need to wait for
seconds. Given the amount of support that the diversity statement has
received, I very much doubt this GR will have trouble finding seconds.
Considering that, the reason why I've suggested that Francesca starts
the GR is to give historical credit (in the GR archive) to the fact that
the initial idea of the diversity statement has been hers, not mine. I
realize that GRs are not about credit, but it still seems something
appropriate to do in this case.

FWIW, I've briefly discussed this with Francesca on IRC a few days ago.
She's fine with the idea and will post a draft GR on -vote ASAP.

In addition to the above, what I can do to make the process as smooth as
possible is to reduce the discussion period to 1 week, and I intend to
do so.

Cheers.