Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 07:05:57PM +0200, "Steffen M?ller" wrote:
> > Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > ------
> > > The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by
> > > everyone.  It doesn't matter how you define yourself or how others
> > > define you: we welcome you.  We welcome contributions from
> > > everyone within their areas of expertise, as long as they can be
> > > constructive members of our community. While much of the work of
> > > the Project is technical in nature, we will value and encourage
> > > contributions to the Project from those with expertise in
> > > non-technical areas and welcome such contributors as part of our
> > > community.
> > > ------
> >
> > Works for me, with or without the differences mentioned in other
> > replies.
>
> Yip, even though I would be tempted to leave out "within their areas
> of expertise". Something is constructive or not. Even a question to
> someone writing a documentation can be constructive.

so that would be something like "constructive contributions to the
Project in non-technical areas"

micro suggestion: s/will value/values/

the rest of the statment is in present tense; let's not use future tense
for how much we will value and encourage participation; "will" is to
much like "try"; do or do not :)

(thanks francesca)

--
Luca Filipozzi