Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

Hi Stefano,

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 10:17:52PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Lurking this thread, I've the impression we could find consensus on
> such a statement, as long as we keep it simple. The long list of
> "features" we do not discriminate upon, in particular, seems to be
> contentious.  TBH, I don't find it particularly inspiring either,
> while the rest of the text is. I also notice that other existing
> diversity statements in FOSS have avoided the long list, still
> managing to be inspiring and straight to the point. Maybe we could try
> without such a list?

Yeah, definitely. Let's try this way!  Below another draft, this time
without the list :)

Thanks again all for your contributions on this thread.

Cheers,
Francesca

------- 8< --------------------------- 8< ----------------------------

The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
It doesn't matter how you define yourself or how others define you: we
welcome you.  We welcome contributions from everyone within their areas
of expertise, as long as they can be constructive members of our
community. While much of the work of the Project is technical in nature,
we will value and encourage contributions to the Project from those with
expertise in non-technical areas and welcome such contributors as part
of our community.

--
"Nostra patria è il mondo intero
e nostra legge è la libertà