Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 17:23:57 +0000
> Von: Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org>
> An: debian-project@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

> > > Works for me, with or without the differences mentioned in other
> > > replies.
> >
> > Yip, even though I would be tempted to leave out "within their areas
> > of expertise". Something is constructive or not. Even a question to
> > someone writing a documentation can be constructive.
>
> so that would be something like "constructive contributions to the
> Project in non-technical areas"

> micro suggestion: s/will value/values/
>
> the rest of the statment is in present tense; let's not use future tense
> for how much we will value and encourage participation; "will" is to
> much like "try"; do or do not :)

Here a summary of what I read so far and some extra changes I liked. The first two sentences of Francesca are my favorite and the most important, I think. I am not sure how much of the rest is needed, anyway:

The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by
everyone.  It doesn't matter how you define yourself or how others
define you: we welcome you.  We welcome contributions from
everyone
s/within their areas of expertise,//
as long as they
s/can/interact/