Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 09:39:22 -0700
> Von: Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
> An: debian-project@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

> Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> writes:
>
> > ------- 8< --------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
> > The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
> > It doesn't matter how you define yourself or how others define you: we
> > welcome you.  We welcome contributions from everyone within their areas
> > of expertise, as long as they can be constructive members of our
> > community. While much of the work of the Project is technical in nature,
> > we will value and encourage contributions to the Project from those with
> > expertise in non-technical areas and welcome such contributors as part
> > of our community.
>
> Works for me, with or without the differences mentioned in other replies.

Yip, even though I would be tempted to leave out "within their areas of expertise". Something is constructive or not. Even a question to someone writing a documentation can be constructive.

> Thank you again, Francesca, for your work on this.

Indeed. This is a tantalizing improvement over the typical formulation of being an equal opportunity organisation.

Steffen