Re: Summary of scientific research on Debian (was: DD age histogram)

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 04:47:52PM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I will. However, I wonder if the current setup of this page is optimal.
> > The page doesn't offer the actual papers -- only links to the people who
> > wrote them. Not all the links actually point to something meaningful.
> > Moreover, such links are often doomed to become invalid -- simply by the
> > way science careers work.
>
> It definitely isn't optimal, it is a wiki though so improving it is easy ;)

Indeed. Here is what I'm thinking about doing:

1. Create CategoryPublication

   We might want to further categorize publications whenever the number
   gets large enough to justify that work.

2. Create PublicationTemplate

   That has an outline of all the information we'd like to have per
   publication: title, authors, abstract, DOI, link to document at publisher
   website, potential document attachment, BIB snippet.

3. Create actual template instances for some publications

4. Modify http://wiki.debian.org/research to point to CategoryPublication

5. Contact authors of known publication asking them to create pages for their
   work -- potentially attaching preprint-versions of their papers that
   may not be affected by licensing issues.

Comments?

Michael

--
Michael Hanke