Re: Summary of scientific research on Debian (was: DD age histogram)

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Michael Hanke <mih@debian.org> wrote:

> I will. However, I wonder if the current setup of this page is optimal.
> The page doesn't offer the actual papers -- only links to the people who
> wrote them. Not all the links actually point to something meaningful.
> Moreover, such links are often doomed to become invalid -- simply by the
> way science careers work.

It definitely isn't optimal, it is a wiki though so improving it is easy ;)

> What about collecting the actual document and attaching them to this
> page (license permitting), or a DOI link? What about merging the
> separate publication list into this page (actually there was a
> discussion on a canonical reference file for Debian related work on
> debian-science some time ago)?

I doubt many of them have an acceptable license for distributing,
links would be great.

Merging seems reasonable.

> The publication itself can be considered feedback -- it is just that you
> need to know that it is there in order to be able to read it in order to
> form a personal opinion.

Yeah, especially if the research is presented at DebConf. That said it
is one thing to publish some research and present it at DebConf but
entirely another to use those conclusions to actively push Debian in
new/better directions.

--
bye,
pabs