Re: Summary of scientific research on Debian (was: DD age histogram)

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Michael Hanke <mih@debian.org> wrote:

> That made me wonder whether Debian collects references to the research
> done on it somehow somewhere.

There is one mentioned here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Statistics#Scientific_papers_with_statistics_about_Debian

And some more here:

http://wiki.debian.org/research

> I find the social and technical dynamics of Debian fascinating -- I'm
> sure I'm not alone. By exposing prior research on the project more
> prominently we might be able to encourage further research and maybe
> learn something from it.

I'd encourage you to contribute to the research wiki page if you find
any new/old research.

The debian-publicity folks can help with publicising any new research
that comes up.

It might be interesting to link to these existing studies from
debian-history or debian-timeline, you might like to submit patches.

Personally I feel that research without feedback to Debian is
suboptimal, we should be able to learn from studies of Debian and
change in positive ways as a result.

--
bye,
pabs