Re: Greaat disappointment

On 11-10-01 at 09:14am, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> And then, apparently, you started insulting people.
> >
> > I can well imagine how one has made the investment to install some
> > IRC client to get access to that presumed source of help. One is
> > happy to get it started and to understand what this join to a
> > channel might mean - and then nobody wants to react to a "my machine
> > does not
>
> [00:56] <Ti-chan> Hi. Could someone who has a remotely comprehensive
> understanding of partitioning and is not a complete dumbass help me
> out?
>
> is apparantly the guys first words to the debian channel, around 15
> minutes after he joined. There is nothing kind nor any investments
> over that.

Installing(!) an IRC client and diving into the world of IRC is an
investment.  Possibly so long ago that you made that investment that you
have forgotten, but the investment is real.

I still remember how clumsy I felt with IRC back in 2004 when I started
using IRC (in order to reach the the people in same room as me when I
joined my first debconf - debconf4 in Brazil).  It was quite an
investment for me back then to install an IRC client (thanks for the
help, Micah!), and I am sure I broke some rules of conduct when I
started chatting.

I agree that it makes good sense why no good comes out of above message,
but I disagree that there could be no investment involved.

 - Jonas