Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the Debian main page

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:06:33AM +0200, Jérôme wrote:
> Small Apple "Apps" provide 1 contents and not 1 task, this is redundant
> programming ( a browser for parents, a browser for children, a browser
> for cat...). It's like ou must use vim for editing scripts emacs for
> editing configs and gedit for editing latex... and pay for each! it's
> not the same case, it's not the traditionally Unix approach at all!

Sorry, I can not buy this argument.  The fact that somebody else is
using a name for something what is done not properly does not mean that
the name is wrong.  We are also using the name Operating System and
there are others who are interpreting this word the wrong way (as we
think).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--