Re: commercial spam on planet

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 09:31:32PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Somehow you need to take into account how often this happens, whether
> the article provide value for a majority of planet readers, etc. It's
> difficult to set a clear limit.
To me that's the real test. If it looks like there are a series of
articles and all they seem to be about is 'give me money' then it
doesn't seem right to have it on planet.

If the focus is more about the thing being talked about and flattr or
whatever is a side-line it doesn't seem too bad.

In the 15 years of writing Free Software, I've not really asked for anything.
I'm quite happy with that.  It doesn't mean I think everyone MUST be the
same, so a little solicitation is ok.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au