Re: commercial spam on planet

Hi,

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Where I personally draw the line is that I'm fairly comfortable with
> Debian-involved people advertising their own services on Planet Debian:
> their own companies, their own consulting services, their own posts, and
> so forth.  I would start getting very annoyed if syndicated blogs
> contained advertising for third parties.

I agree with the general logic but you can't apply this rule blindly.

You post book reviews from time to time, so you're advertising products of
third parties. I find those OK. And they would still be OK for me even if
you provided affiliate links to amazon as part of those articles.

Somehow you need to take into account how often this happens, whether
the article provide value for a majority of planet readers, etc. It's
difficult to set a clear limit.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)