Re: d-d-a (and/or d-announce) on planet.debian.org

On 11/06/2010 12:17 PM, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On la, 2010-11-06 at 11:44 +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> I find this comment quite inappropriate. Do you think that news
>> about Debian are burden on one of the most important news media
>> Debian has?
>
> I, for one, find it unproductive to duplicate debian-devel-announce
> on Planet Debian, if it is done automatically. Having Debian Project
> News or someone else summarize it is fine.

I must admit that I prefer to see on Planet the summarized version as well.

> If people want an RSS feed that also includes d-d-a then I suggest
> setting it up as a separate thing is preferable to having it on
> Planet Debian. Indeed, that might be a good idea in general. Planet
> Debian should be for people, IMHO, and having a separate aggregator
> for announcements, news, etc, would be good. The GNOME project is
> doing that now.

Are you speaking about news.gnome.org? I heard (but can't find the
reference right now) that it's not very effective approach. I'd be
happy to be proven wrong.

>> [1] http://www.feedrinse.com/
>>
>> [2] http://liferea.sourceforge.net/scripting.htm
>
> One seems to be a non-free service, the other says the scripting
> support is going away. Other tools could, of course, be found or
> written for this.

I mentioned [2] because I know that Ralf is using Liferea. I, for one,
would have scripted an rss filter, some people are ok using a non-free
service, there are other solutions, of course, and I won't spend my time
looking for them.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي