Re: d-d-a (and/or d-announce) on planet.debian.org

On la, 2010-11-06 at 11:44 +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> I find this comment quite inappropriate. Do you think that news about
> Debian are burden on one of the most important news media Debian has?

I, for one, find it unproductive to duplicate debian-devel-announce on
Planet Debian, if it is done automatically. Having Debian Project News
or someone else summarize it is fine.

D-d-a is low in volume, but so are a lot of other things. That doesn't
mean the total volume isn't a problem. Or the fact that filtering is
unnecessarily hard.

If people want an RSS feed that also includes d-d-a then I suggest
setting it up as a separate thing is preferable to having it on Planet
Debian. Indeed, that might be a good idea in general. Planet Debian
should be for people, IMHO, and having a separate aggregator for
announcements, news, etc, would be good. The GNOME project is doing that
now.

Or it could be the same aggregator, providing two feeds. Joey Hess
already pointed this out, but I'll repeat: ikiwiki can do that, pretty
easily.

Does anyone else think splitting Planet Debian into a "people who work
on Debian" feed and a "bits from the project" feed is a good idea?

> [1] http://www.feedrinse.com/
> [2] http://liferea.sourceforge.net/scripting.htm

One seems to be a non-free service, the other says the scripting support
is going away. Other tools could, of course, be found or written for
this.