Re: d-d-a (and/or d-announce) on planet.debian.org

Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

> Nowadays, It seems that planet.debian.org became an important news
> media and has a fairly large number of readers. I think that a large
> number of mails sent to d-d-a (or debian-announce) may take advantage
> of this media to gain more visibility (e.g. various RFH sent to d-d-a
> by various teams).

I don't like it. If someone needs to know the messages of d-d-a then s/he
should subscribe to that list; serving people who might have only a
passing interest isn't sufficient reason to burden planet with it. I
always read my mail (possibly with a delay), but I look at planet only
when I have some spare time, and then I'd prefer to not see there again
the stuff that I have already read via mail.

-Ralf