Re: DEP-5: general file syntax

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> writes:

> On la, 2010-08-21 at 02:15 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > What happens when the copyright statement is longer than a line?
[…]

> Good point. I see at least thw following possible solutions:
[…]

> * Have one copyright statement per Copyright field, and have multiple
> instances of the field.

This is my preference, and what I've been doing in my packages.

> For actively maintained software, this is going to get really hard to
> read in a millennium or two.

Let's solve that before the millennium is out, by reforming
international copyright law to drastically reduce copyright duration :-)

--
 \      “If society were bound to invent technologies which could only |
  `\   be used entirely within the law, then we would still be sitting |