Re: DEP-5: general file syntax

On la, 2010-08-21 at 02:15 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> What happens when the copyright statement is longer than a line?  I have a
> bunch of those, such as:

Good point. I see at least thw following possible solutions:

* Keep one line per copyright statement, but make the lines be long.
(This is what we have now.)
* Have one copyright statement per Copyright field, and have multiple
instances of the field.
* Just make it all be free-form text, disabling any automatic parsing of
the Copyright field.

> Note that the FSF lawyer told them not to use ranges in copyright
> dates,

For actively maintained software, this is going to get really hard to
read in a millennium or two.