Re: Upstream guide and front desk

Lars Wirzenius writes:
> On pe, 2010-08-20 at 14:55 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > Now, I've no idea if the above would be appropriate for the upstream
> > front desk or not. I leave it up to you to decide whether it's worth
> > trying or not.

> everyone and archived publically, would be best. An alias
> upstreams@debian.org could point to it, but I have no opinion on that.
>
> Anyone opposed to the mailing list? Shall I go and request one?

I just wonder what this list would be meant to serves which can't be deemed
suitable for -mentors. Many upstreams (regardless they have any preliminary
packages of their software or not) already use -mentors for entering Debian
one way or another. It might be that too much separation might accidently
introduce some confusion amongst the targeted consumers. I'm not opposing to a
yet another mailing list per se, so please decipher that more like a question,
rather than objection.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>