Re: Upstream guide and front desk

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 15:47:46 +0300, George Danchev wrote:

> I just wonder what this list would be meant to serves which can't be deemed
> suitable for -mentors. Many upstreams (regardless they have any preliminary
> packages of their software or not) already use -mentors for entering Debian
> one way or another. It might be that too much separation might accidently
> introduce some confusion amongst the targeted consumers. I'm not opposing to a
> yet another mailing list per se, so please decipher that more like a question,
> rather than objection.

I suspect it may depend if the new list is intended only for upstreams
of software that is not yet in debian, or also for upstreams of software
that we already package, but where upstream would like a contact other
than the package maintainer (because that maintainer is MIA,
unresponsive, uncooperative, or any other reason)?

Cheers,
Julien