Re: What is annoying in the flattr buttons?

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:24:32AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Raphael Hertzog
>
> Hi,
>
> | Are those sentences correctly representing your concerns? Are there
> | other concerns to add?
>
> My concern is actually more that I don't like people begging, and the
> flattr buttons do look like begging to me.  I'd rather not be paid at
> all than be paid tiny amounts for work I do, and those 25€/month you're
> talking about is, for me, tiny amounts.  If people want to say thanks,
> an email, a note on IRC or a beer when I meet people in real life are
> much more effective ways doing so than just dropping pocket change at
> me.

If you looked at the cost of some computer magazines (eg. Linux Journal) and
divided the cost of it by the number of pages, the cost per page would be 'tiny
amounts', at least that is how I see it. So a blog post, from my perspective is
about the same in value. It also brings to mind the 'apps store' model wrt
price. People may pay a lot for boxed software but pay what seems like
'beggars' change (less than 3 USD) for apps. And I don't typically hear about
'app store' developers being called 'beggars'. Just my 2 euro-cents.
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|