What is annoying in the flattr buttons?
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
> since a while, we see unsolicted commercial links and images on planet, mostly
> about flattr.
So it's now clear that this thread is only about flattr buttons. Quite a few
people explained that they are (at varying level) annoyed by them. I would
like to know _why_ those buttons annoy them.
To get a clear feedback I'd like to setup a poll (with selectricity.org)
so that people who have chosen to put those buttons can decide what to do
It's going to be a condorcet-based poll where you have to rank the
following statements: I'm annoyed by Flattr buttons because
* The picture catches the attention too much in a post which contains
* The picture allows Flattr to gather statistics about me.
* Debian contributors should not make money from posts syndicated on
* I believe Flattr is a bad micro-donation system and it should not be
* The button indirectly promotes a service run by a private company
unrelated to Debian.
* I don't share the concerns quoted below. (i.e. NOTA)
Are those sentences correctly representing your concerns? Are there other
concerns to add?
Thank you for your help.
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]
Follow my Debian News ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.com (English)
▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)