What is annoying in the flattr buttons?

Hi,

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
> since a while, we see unsolicted commercial links and images on planet, mostly
> about flattr.

So it's now clear that this thread is only about flattr buttons. Quite a few
people explained that they are (at varying level) annoyed by them. I would
like to know _why_ those buttons annoy them.

To get a clear feedback I'd like to setup a poll (with selectricity.org)
so that people who have chosen to put those buttons can decide what to do
(or not).

It's going to be a condorcet-based poll where you have to rank the
following statements: I'm annoyed by Flattr buttons because
 * The picture catches the attention too much in a post which contains
   only text.
 * The picture allows Flattr to gather statistics about me.
 * Debian contributors should not make money from posts syndicated on
   planet.
 * I believe Flattr is a bad micro-donation system and it should not be
   promoted.
 * The button indirectly promotes a service run by a private company
   unrelated to Debian.
 * I don't share the concerns quoted below. (i.e. NOTA)

Are those sentences correctly representing your concerns? Are there other
concerns to add?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)