Re: Please draft a policy for planet.debian.org

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:56, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> wrote:
> [ Please note that this is my very personal opinion and does not
> neccesarily need to cover the opinion of any of the teams I am in. ]
>
> Dear planet folks,
>
> I have been made aware that people use Debian resources for personal
> financial gain using the planet.d.o syndication platform, by for
> instance including 'flattr' links and images in the text present on
> planet.

-1 for flattr; it's a great way to contribute a few cents; and these
people are great contributors to Debian anyways, so why don't they get
rewarded?
while on that topic, maybe each package on package.qa.d.o should have
a flattr button ;-)

> Furthermore there are reports of webbugs in some feeds syndicated  on
> planet, or things that systematically leak browsing behaviour to third
> parties by including images directly from these sides.

I don't know much about this one, so no positive or negative vote from me.

--
blog: http://tshepang.tumblr.com