Re: QTS ( was Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian)

El jue, 07-10-2010 a las 03:20 -0500, Fernando C. Estrada escribió:
> Hi, (fixed)

> > > Shapado is a form of QTS, in a sense that if someone asks the some Q,
> > > you can just provide a link to some answer from the mailing list,
> > > Also, in my case, I asked some question and the maintainer actually
> > > have me an answer
> > > (http://ask.debian.net/questions/default-python-for-debian-7-0).
> > >
> > > I know it's a trade-off, but your QTS sounds like overkill; it's yet
> > > another system. Rather, promote Shapado to package maintainers, and
> > > maybe they can subsribe to a tag or something. In fact, I like the
> > > format so much that Shapado should be THE place to ask Debian-related
> > > questions, just like StackOverflow is THE place to ask programming
> > > questions.
> >
> > You're right, it is possible to subscribe to certain tags using
> > feeds :-)
> >
> > If a question related to the package foo have a foo tag, and if the
> > foo's package maintainer subscribe to the foo tag feed, and if he/she
> > answer questions about the foo package, Shapado will work as a QTS.
> >
>     If for example a package maintainer is responsible for foo and bar,
> maybe he can follow questions with:
>       http://ask.debian.net/questions/tags/foo+bar
> ...or with a feed like:
>       http://ask.debian.net/questions/tags/foo+bar?format=atom

A user are able to ask in many languages, so the same example feed but
just for Spanish questions wil be:

    http://ask.debian.net/questions/tags/foo
+bar?format=atom&lang=es-419&mylangs=es

> > Bad News: Not all the users use tags or use the proper tags.
> > Good News: Moderators are able to retag questions.
> > Bad News: If the system keeps growing (as we hope) the current
> > moderators are not enough.
> > Good News: Maybe we'll find more volunteers to help us as moderators.

But maybe you're interested in the following [1]:

track experts by tag: shapado automatically detects people that are
experts in some fields. That is to say, if you answer a question about
“kde” or “ruby” and get some upvotes, shapado will notice it. Then, if a
question gets asked about “kde” or “ruby”, shapado will notify you so
you can help people faster (the notification is opt-in).

The goal is to turn shapado into a big IA machine that will know who
knows about what so that when you ask a question, it will redirect the
question to people who know about it. This is just the first step, we
will bring this to the next level with our next version to be dubbed
“skynet” ;)

Regards,

[1]
http://blog.ricodigo.com/2010/1/13/new-shapado-update-badges-reputation-the/shapado