Re: QTS ( was Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian)

On Thursday 07 Oct 2010 01:12:37 Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > Ultimately, all this information gets publically archived/mined and
> > serves as useful information.
> > ==
>
> One solution: all package maintainers subscribe to debian-user, and
> set filters on their respective packages. Would this be sub-optimal?

That does not solve the problem. A year later, when a user wants to see all
queries regarding a specific package, he needs to run through search engines
and mailing list archives.

Data that is not organized is useless.

PS: Now that we have shapado running I hope we can soon do something to
implement a QTS.

Ritesh

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs