Re: FTPMaster meeting minutes

Hello ftp-masters,

  Very impressive minutes! Thanks! I just wanted to do a couple comments:

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:08:15PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> 11. debian-ports
>     Following a short chat I had with Aurelien Jarno about
>     debian-ports.org and its archive, we discussed if FTPMaster could
>     offer help with running such an archive.
>     In general we aren't unhappy with it but we also do not want to end
>     up the main force behind it. Together with the nature of the archive
>     and the attached constraints (different architectures need to have
>     the same source version - with different code/patches applied for
>     example), the handling in dak is not straightforward nor entirely
>     there yet. Most probably it will mean a set of mini archives, one
>     per d-p architecture, and is as such attached directly to point 4
>     and 5. When the work for those is done, it will be relatively easy
>     to provide the support d-p needs. Exact conditions for such work
>     still need to be worked out, but basically something along the line
>     that FTPMaster does the technic while someone else is actually
>     responsible for it. So 2 or more DDs need to sign up for the work
>     per arch, if they drop out and noone replaces, it gets removed, etc.

I would not mind to help towards this goal and step up for whatever is needed, if you find it appropiate. Where do we need to sign up? :)

> 18. Contents
>     We are still working on this, mainly due to time constraints on the
>     side of the main driver behind this. Should be ready soon.

What is Contents work about? Is it just packages content or are you working to provide a multimedia free/open content network (Debian Style). :D

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

"Our Sun unleashes tremendous flares expelling hot gas into the Solar System, which one day will disconnect us."

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely
Video flare: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap100510.html