*-dfsg packages

Hi folks,

I've had problems with developing *-dfsg source packages several
times (the most evil case was mysql-5.0.x, where the orig source
tree is totally unusable and is repaired somewhere within the
build process with certain ugly sed hacks).

This is really ugly.

Instead of simply removing non-compliant files, I'd suggest doing
a full downstream fork, using a modern vcs (eg. git), which not
just removes certain files but also repairs the damage done by
that, rebase that onto newer upstream versions and create the
.orig tarballs from that downstream's releases.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666