Re: A team to grant rights on collab-maint?

Stefano Zacchiroli, 2010-06-15 14:54:14 +0200 :

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:45:06PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
>> And to drive the idea further, what about a public-maint group that
>> everyone with an alioth account can commit to? That sounds like an
>> interesting experiment to see if random people generate good commits
>> or tend to screw things up. (There's still someone who need to do the
>> actual upload. I'd hope they do review changes.)
>
> That reminds me of an old idea discussed with Roland, Raphael, and Sam
> (Hocevar) years ago: provide a web-based admin checkbox that will enable
> DD-wide access on all repositories associated to a given alioth project.
>
> The rationale was that of easing the control of DD-wide commit access
> right by project admins, which is already possible (and used by various
> teams), but requires bothering Alioth admins, AFAIR.
>
> I never come up with the energy of writing the needed [1] *forge plugin,
> mainly because I've never even looked at *forge code. I re-throw the
> idea in the bucket here, as someone interested in more liberal commit
> access rights might want to pursue that too.

  Note to anyone interested: the new RBAC system that landed in upstream
trunk for FusionForge is already going to allow that (a project admin
can grant permissions to roles from other projects, not only to those
roles defined in their project).  What's missing is some UI to actually
do that, and some stabilisation of the whole trunk so we can reach a
releasable state and upgrade Alioth to it.

Roland,
with his FusionForge hat on.
--
Roland Mas

prw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Jan  1  1970 This-is-not-a-pipe|