A team to grant rights on collab-maint?

Hello,

ever since I created the Alioth collab-maint project [1], I have been adding
non-developers to the project so that they can work together with
other DD (sponsors) on a common VCS. 359 requests have been approved since
2005, it currently amounts to 5 to 20 requests every month. The threshold
for acceptance is very low:
- I verify that they want to join for a valid reason (want to maintain
  their package there, want to help a maintainer that host packages there)
- if they don't give a reason in the request, I verify if they are part of
  other teams on Alioth, if yes I grant the access because someone else
  already has had contact with him, otherwise I reply to the mail and ask
  for more information (and reject if I get no proper answer)

And I must always reject a couple of requests by DD that don't know that
they already have write access through ACL.

This project started for two reasons:
- encourage usage of public VCS with broad write permissions (all DD)
  even for single packages
- be able to refuse single-package project request on Alioth that would
  only clutter the project list when they only need some space to dump
  their VCS files (see http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject)

Now I would like to stop dealing with those requests and thus I would like
a team of people to replace me.

Is there an existing team that could take this responsibility? [2]

Are there volunteers for the task?

One thing that I never did is ping all the maintainers to know whether
they are still active and still need access to collab-maint. It was
indirectly done once by Tollef Fog Heen who chased -guest accounts that
had the same account than a DD (usually a contributor who finished
his NM process). It would be nice if the people taking over tried
to do this better than me.

Cheers,

[1] http://alioth.debian.org/projects/collab-maint
[2] Currently the Alioth admins have it somewhat. Request that are asked
on #alioth are processed (using super powers of Alioth admins) but out of
the Alioth admins, I'm the only one receiving the email requests because
I'm the only one registered as project admin on collab-maint.
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/