Re: A team to grant rights on collab-maint?

Re: Enrico Zini 2010-06-15 <[🔎] 20100615102602.GA11494@enricozini.org>
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:45:32PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > Now I would like to stop dealing with those requests and thus I would like
> > a team of people to replace me.
>
> Do you have a way to know what percentage of non-DDs who can commit to
> collab-maint are DMs?

Why not automatically include all DMs in the collab-maint group?

And to drive the idea further, what about a public-maint group that
everyone with an alioth account can commit to? That sounds like an
interesting experiment to see if random people generate good commits
or tend to screw things up. (There's still someone who need to do the
actual upload. I'd hope they do review changes.)

If some people think that DMs (the public) screw up, they could still
request a new "debian-maint" or "dd-maint" group that doesn't include
them.

If there's still too many legitimate (non-DM) requests to join
collab-maint, that sounds rather like a problem with the definition of
access than a executive body deciding on individual requests.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/