Re: Proposed changes to the Debian Machine Usage Policy (DMUP)

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 11:05:21AM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> So it seems like there are two processes here; expulsion and
> deletion. Expulsion is a political process, deletion is a technical
> process. One entity may have authority over the expulsion and another
> over the deletion. Am I right in assuming that the DAM is in charge of
> the expulsion process and the DSA is in charge of deletion?

Yes, even though you're oversimplifying a bit. The distinction is that
being a Debian project member is a status, while having an account on
project machines is a technical capability (and not necessarily the only
one) associated to that status. DSA rules over the technical
capabilities while DAM over the status.

Cheers.