Re: Proposed changes to the Debian Machine Usage Policy (DMUP)

Hi,

On Mon May 03, 2010 at 10:14:27 +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Jeremiah Foster said:
> > So it seems like there are two processes here; expulsion and deletion.
> > Expulsion is a political process, deletion is a technical process. One
> > entity may have authority over the expulsion and another over the
> > deletion. Am I right in assuming that the DAM is in charge of the
> > expulsion process and the DSA is in charge of deletion?
>
> Nothing is deleted, but s/deletion/locking/g would be correct, yes.

Just that we (DSA) may lock accounts without needing to ask DAM first,
see 3.1.1 and 3.2.1 of the DMUP.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster