Re: Let's resurrect Debian Weekly News (act the second)

I've seen in your other post that you and Tolimar are already organizing
some meeting to have a common work-flow, so I'll just comment on a minor
point and wait for your synergies to sprout :)

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 06:24:12PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> If somebody wants to volunteer to be added to this alias and add the
> important bits in the DPN's subversion, it seems to me like a good
> solution. I do not think it is a good idea including in such alias
> debian-publicity@ because it gets a lot of spam (99.99 % of the alias
> traffic).

I agree it would be a nice solution for the work-flow part (backend),
but it does not really solve the frontend part for news submitters: who
should they mail/submit? Having multiple docs around suggesting to
contribute to different initiatives can be a bit puzzling. (But I admit
that given your stats, the problem want be that relevant ....)

Regarding SPAM, I guess that -publicity---as pretty much all lists---is
probably already quite targeted. If I've to balance the benefit of a
single point of contact with a few extra SPAM mails (which will probably
get trapped in lists.d.o filtering anyhow), I'll favor having a single
contact point. YMMV.

Cheers (and thanks).