Re: Let's resurrect Debian Weekly News (act the second)

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 11:53:41AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Keeping up with the news is a lot of work, and there's usually not
> enough people to do it. It doesn't make sense to do the work twice.
> Why not work together with Ana into making this website and the DWN
> newsletter two ways of accessing the same information?

In fact, what I think is really sub-optimal is that potential
contributors have two different channels to submit news.  For instance,
I submit from time to time news to news.debian.net by mailing
submit@news.d.n. Now that DWN is being resurrected I don't really want
to have to inform two separate recipients (most likely because I'll
forget one of the two addresses).

How about establishing a common place to collect news?

If debian-publicity@l.d.o is already an established place, maybe Ana
(BCc-ed) can make news.d.n submit address point there and follow that
list? Similar concerns exist for the form on news.d.n, maybe it can
notify -publicity upon submission too?

I concur that a newsletter and a blog can be quite some different
communication media inducing different styles, so if there are 2 sets of
editors willing to have both I don't see a problem. But please don't
make me, as a news submitter, choose among the two :-)

Thank you all news.d.n and DWN!
Cheers.