Re: Debian money

[Giacomo A. Catenazzi]
> It is useful not only for Debian, so IMHO Debian could donate some
> money, but only if other big distributions (RedHat, SuSe/Novel,
> Ubuntu, etc.) do the same.

I find this to be a rather useless requirement to have, unless the
goal is to do nothing.  If something is a good idea to do, Debian
should do it independently of what the other distributions are doing,
otherwise we will waste time trying to convince other distributions
instead of spending time on improving Debian.  Are you volunteering to
convince the other big distributions to donate money to the same
projects Debian want to donate money to?  I am not.

A better approach would be to state that Debian will donate some money
and propose publicly for other distributions to do the same. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen