Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

> On Wed, Jul 29 2009, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Sune Vuorela (nospam@vuorela.dk) wrote:
> >> I'm hoping that we can convince the release team to change their mind.
> >
> > I doubt you can, and I hope you don't.  It could have been announced
> > better, but in general I think it's a good thing for Debian.  Please get
> > over how it was announced.
>
>         Well, yes and no. I think a freeze every two years is a good
>  idea. I just do not think that we should freeze in 5 months or so.
>
>         manoj

Well, I think Manoj is right here. Freezing in ~5 months would effectively
delay or cancel several innovations within Debian which has been planned and
worked in for several months before. It is just a too short as a timeframe for
such a giant mass like Debian to manoeuvre towards a freeze with two new
kfreebsd ports recently taken on board.