Re: [OT] aggressiveness on our mailing lists.

On Thu, Jul 30 2009, Bernhard R. Link wrote:

> "Silly" is mostly about missing intellectual skills, so applying it
> to actions, ideas or questions is mostly pars pro toto meaning the
> human it originates from.

        I beg to differ. I have had "dumb" ideas in the past, and even
 proposed them; but while admitting I occasionally may have dumb or
 silly ideas in no way means *I* think I am a dumb person (YMMV).

        Intelligent people may have dumb/silly ideas. Dumb people
 occasionally have brilliant ideas.

        One should not equate the quality of ideas to the quality of the
 proponent, unless one wishes to be unpleasantly surprised bvy the
 frequency of the error of ones ways.

        manoj
--
Carmel, New York, has an ordinance forbidding men to wear coats and
trousers that don't match.