Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 17:20:28 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 05:10:29PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:34:05 -0430, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
> > > I think if Debian has worked more than 13 years as it is right now
> >
> > It has not.
>
> How do you call what we have done since then if not "working"? I mean,
> we have our troubles and we are not always as fast as we would like
> ourselves to be, but we have always shelled out useable and stable
> releases. What more do you want, blood?

No.  I'm just saying that Debian hasn't worked for 13 years "as it is
right now".  I'm pretty sure things have changed over the years,
including in the release process, so opposing a change because the
current way of doing things has worked for 13 years is bogus.

Cheers,
Julien