Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:35:00PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Also people who do translations. Perhaps we can institute other
>  sensors/probes that can track such activity? (Committing to a VCS could
>  send off a email to a bot recording who did the commit, for example).
>  This can detect any activity by a person on a team VCS site, for
>  instance.

This is the kind of things I intended (and still intend) to avoid in
the proposal. DD rights let you do things you couldn't do without
them, mainly two: vote and do uploads [1]. I think we should measure
them as a basis for being active, you can continue doing the other
tasks also without DD rights.

As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure that the case of active DDs, doing
commits and stuff, and not doing neither an upload or a vote in 2
years is basically unexistent. If there is a strong sentiment that
this is not the case, we can cross the MIA database with my draft
inactivity data to verify that.

Cheers.

[1] there are some other, such as accessing project machine, but given
    what we are supposed to do---creating a package based operating
    system in a democratic project---voting and uploading is what
    characterizes most DD role (IMO of course)