Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:52:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
Should activity in teams be enough reason to be regarded as an active DD?
Yes.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:35:00PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
        Also people who do translations. Perhaps we can institute other
 sensors/probes that can track such activity? (Committing to a VCS could
 send off a email to a bot recording who did the commit, for example).
 This can detect any activity by a person on a team VCS site, for
 instance.

This is the kind of things I intended (and still intend) to avoid in
the proposal. DD rights let you do things you couldn't do without
them, mainly two: vote and do uploads [1]. I think we should measure
them as a basis for being active, you can continue doing the other
tasks also without DD rights.

As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure that the case of active DDs, doing
commits and stuff, and not doing neither an upload or a vote in 2
years is basically unexistent. If there is a strong sentiment that
this is not the case, we can cross the MIA database with my draft
inactivity data to verify that.

DPL election are in the same period of years.

IMHO we should relax the requirements to some signed activity.
Votes and uploads are signed, but also a
signed reply to a MIA reminder should be enough, so we don't force
unneeded uploads. (yes, your proposal includes nothing about
upload quality: this is also very difficult to rule).

I worry that your proposal will create some difficult to non
uploaders DD (in case we will finally fully admit to
the project).

ciao
	cate