Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 23/06/09 at 12:55 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 23/06/09 at 12:06 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
No way. Most reports show that a lot of NMs don't know about a lot of
things asked during the NM process. This is true even for those who
are DM already.
Is that really problem? We need people who take the right decisions (and
that includes asking questions when they don't know or are not sure
about something), not people who can repeat all our documentation from
memory.
80% or more of the questions are questions about daily tasks, so yes, you're
supposed to know that from brain. Or you should at least have heard something
about it, which is another things the NM process is for: educate people.

The fact that NM is about educating people is a problem: NM
should be about checking that it's OK to grant the DD status to an
already-educated applicant. That way, the process would be much shorter,
it would be easier to find people willing to help with it (AM, FD, DAM),
and applicants wouldn't see it as something so useless and boring.

Ev. we could set up some infrastructure, to let other DD to do some jobs.

As sponsoree I look much more about packages than procedures, but
if we (sponsoree) have some infrastructure, we can check some extra
tasks (and maybe with a note, just to increment quality of "attempts").
I think this will not require much more time.

So at the end the FD will control what was checked by other DDs
(and with few checks to confirm that DDs did a good job) and doing
the rest of checks.

This will surely increment quality of sponsored package, but probably
remove some work of AM, FD, DAM.

ciao
	cate