Re: Assisting with NEW queue backlog (was: What is going wrong with NEW?)

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 12:53:07PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I still do not understand why Debian can redistribute any non-reviewed
> source package through people.debian.org or vcs.debian.org, but would have
> legal problems of letting persons read the incoming queue.

ftp-master is (deliberately) located within the United States.
people.debian.org and vcs.debian.org are not.  If an American DD exports
software to Debian servers outside the US, that's their problem; if Debian
exports software by giving developers access to it from a server in the US,
that's a Debian problem.

Cf. "crypto-in-main".