Re: Assisting with NEW queue backlog (was: What is going wrong with NEW?)

Le Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 12:49:40PM +1100, Ben Finney a écrit :
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
>
> > The packages are on merkel.debian.org in the
> > /org/ftp.debian.org/queue/new/ directory. Since they are not
> > accessible on http://ftp-master.debian.org, I guess that we are not
> > allowed to communicate them to unofficial developpers.
>
> Would that also exclude Debian Maintainers from participating?

Hi Ben,

I do not know, maybe the core of the problem is not whether the packages are
available, but who takes the responsability to make them available : I think I
remember that it was asked and refused that they can be downloaded from the
ftp-master server. If I get the green light, I can copy them on a machine of
mine and make them available by http.

In the meantime, since most of the packages exist in VCSes or on
mentors.debian.net, I think that there is possiblity to work around the
problem, although it is less conventient.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan