Re: Assisting with NEW queue backlog (was: What is going wrong with NEW?)

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 11:12:58AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I do not know, maybe the core of the problem is not whether the packages are
> available, but who takes the responsability to make them available : I think I
> remember that it was asked and refused that they can be downloaded from the
> ftp-master server.

This will never happen, for legal reasons (unless you want us to set up
a new non-US repository). Part of the requirements in doing the
crypto-to-main transition was that uploaded packages would not be made
available for download until some steps were taken first.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22