Re: Re: Mentions of non-free (Re: FSF not considering Debian as Free)

Filipus Klutiero wrote:

>> > Translated to the current way things are done, this means that >> according > to Richard, the Debian website or Debian refer to the >> existence of the > non-free component in a way that suggests getting >> non-free software from > there.
>> >
>> > I'm very curious what part of the website or Debian would be doing >> this > for years, but I guess someone could ask Richard.
>>
>> non-free is mentioned on packages.debian.org
>> > Does the mentions suggest getting software from there?

There are download links, aren't they?  Don't they suggest getting the
software from there?
I guess. But the links are not there for years.
>> non-free is mentioned in release documentation
>> > Does the mentions suggest getting software from there?

Don't the release documentatino contain notices on how to tweak apt or
the installer to install non-free software?
I don't know. I see that it talks about contrib. That's probably a bug.
>> non-free is mentioned during the installer for users to add (I think)
>> > It's not mentioned normally at least. Is it mentioned in expert installs?

The installer provides a menu option to import non-free firmware from
arbitrary media (good work btw.!).
Right, though lenny desn't exist since years.