Re: FSF not considering Debian as Free (Re: Debian and non-free)

Filipus Klutiero wrote:

I could help to set-up the infrastructure and providing
the non-free.org domain, but I don't think I have enough
infrastructure to handle the machines.
I'm afraid you'd be wasting your time. I don't think the problem is the domain name hosting non-free. Richard Stallman wrote:

;-) I've no problem for wasting few time and few money.

Thus, the debian.org site and the software in it should not refer to the
existence of non-free.org in such a way as to suggest getting non-free
software from there.

I tried for years to convince Debian to do this, but I did not succeed.
Translated to the current way things are done, this means that according to Richard, the Debian website or Debian refer to the existence of the non-free component in a way that suggests getting non-free software from there.

I'm very curious what part of the website or Debian would be doing this for years, but I guess someone could ask Richard.

IMHO, if we create the non-free.org, it should help Debian to better
manage the different queues and "policies".
Endorsement of FSF is good, but not so important.

Anyway:
- I prefer the freedom to choice the software (anyway free software
  is better)
- without non-free software (non-free printer driver), do you think
  RMS would have created FSF, GNU and GPL?
  So I want non-free.org as a method to push writing/improving
  free alternatives (or forcing protocol designed to open protocols,
  but this is more difficult).

ciao
	cate