Re: Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems

Le Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 01:31:31AM -0500, Filipus Klutiero a écrit :
> A long exchange between two people can be interesting, or not.

Hi Filipus,

it is exactly because it can not be known if a long exchange is interesting
before reading it that tools to ignore long exchanges can be useful. The mere
action of deleting tons of cross-posted fragmented threads is time-consuming,
expecially for people like me who read -devel as a digest and -vote as regular
subscription (hidden message to some posters: I beg, implore and supplicate you
to stop cross-posting).

If a long exchange is interesting, then it can be summarised. If no summary is
made, then the exchange was probably anecdotical. It can be interesting like a
TCV documentary is, but should be skippable with no important information loss.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan