Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems

Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com> wrote: [...]
> I'm not aware of any software with such a feature that would fit for
> Debian. I also couldn't find any in a quick search. [...]

It sounded a lot like the old GroupLens usenet tool to me.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/GroupLens.html
The big difference there was that it explicitly grouped your ratings
with those of other people who rated it the same way - there was not
the assumption of a common value system which seems to underlie this
proposal.

I see that http://www.grouplens.org has moved on and their research
(like http://www.grouplens.org/node/126 - "The recommendations that
are most accurate according to the standard metrics are sometimes not
the recommendations that are most useful to users") may be informative
for anyone who thinks that message-voting will surely work.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)