Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich
- From: Chris Bannister <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:00:10 +1300
- Message-id: <20081212090010.GL3699@localhost.localdomain>
- In-reply-to: <20081205200749.GB21700@aenima>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20081126164931.GK20745@tamay-dogan.net> <20081205125859.GK3522@localhost.localdomain> <20081205200749.GB21700@aenima>
On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 09:07:50PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Chris Bannister wrote:
> > Obviously, it *is* discrimination. What can a 34.5 year old do that a
> > 35.5 year old can't do?
> Get you tax savings? Give you access to economic help for getting people
> a new job?
> Not that I think that it should be the *final* criteria.
Oh OK, IOW the only reason to hire the 34.5 year old over the 35.5 year
old (obviously, an interview would clarify which person would be more
suitable for the position) is for benefits provided by the Gov't?
The Gov't is rewarding discrimination?
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-- Stephen F Roberts