Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

On Monday 01 December 2008 15:42:20 Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 01:05:07PM +0000, Mark Brown a écrit :
> > FWIW similar issues apply in most of Europe too.
>
> Thank you for the information. For Antartica, the situation of
> discrimination has rapidly and positively evolved and I am proud to
> announce to the Project that in the French territories, women are allowed
> to apply for a job since a few years ago.
>
> Do we have DDs in Oceania, South America, Africa and Asia who can report
> about the situation of discrimination on their continent so that we can
> integrate this information to better manage our Project?

;-) Hehe. To be honest, it is way easier for me to think of Debian as a
virtual multi-cultural country which has its own constitution, laws and
habits, budget and resources, population (users and developers), gross
domestic product (official releases), elections, and leader. Since I doubt
anybody knows how to make so many different cultures to co-exist together
flawlessly some dissensions enter the scene from time to time just to prove
that this is multi-cultural country after all. The paradox is that if you try
to import some tons of tolerance to such a country in order to alleviate
these dissensions, you risk to fade out its multi-cultural beauty. So, there
is nothing to be angry with, but enjoy your Debian citizenship ;-)