Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:53:43 +1100
Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
>
> > I am rather surprised that the majority reaction to this is so
> > different from the majority reaction to a poorly executed satire --
> > something which was also claimed to be discriminatory.
>
> Actually, I agree that most of W. Martin Borgert's list of criteria
> (“race, ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or
> religion”) are objectionable for job offers using Debian's resources.

Which by the way are also guaranteed in the Charter of Rights of
Freedoms of Canada (which is the preamble to the constituation
(actually I believe it's the Constitution Act or some such, but I
digress)).

I was in fact surprised to learn that there are people who find age
discrimination acceptable.  As someone pointed out, leaving a company
in two years is just as likely (maybe more likely) for a young
candidate so the argument of ROI is crap.  It's unfair and unethical
discrimination.  You might not think so right now because you are
young, but when you're older your opinion will likely be different.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore